Monday 2 December 2013

My Current Skincare Routine


I've seen a lot of people posting about their various beauty routines lately, so I thought I'd hop on that lovely little band wagon and do a post about my own current skincare routine. Before I start I'd just like to say that I am no skincare expert, nor am I telling anybody to use these particular products. They are simply what I've found work for me and my skin (which is extremely dry and dehydrated by the way).

Let's start with cleanser!

Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish in Grapefruit and Patchouli 

I've been using this cleanser for maybe just over a month now? Usually I'm terribly lazy when it comes to makeup removal, but I made an effort to let myself run out of makeup wipes and not replace them so I had no choice but to start using this.
Usually a pump onto the back of my hand is plenty; I massage it all over my face and clean it off with a muslin cloth soaked in hot water. Not only does it take off every scrap of makeup and leave my skin feeling clean and fresh, but it also smells wonderful. (Unfortunately it was limited edition and I'm not sure if you can get it anymore!)

After cleansing I usually tone...

 Tea Tree Toner Water from Lush

I like to pull my hair back and spray a few spritzes of this straight onto my face. It's lovely and refreshing but also great when I have spots because of the tea tree (duh...) I've never bothered much to tone before, however since purchasing this I'd be lost without it. Plus it's 100% vegan which is always a plus.

My moisturiser of 2013

For Daily Youth from Soap and Glory

I apologise for the awful quality of these pictures by the way. But yes, I first used this moisturiser when I got a small one in a Christmas gift set last year and since then, I've not been without it. This is my second lot and it's just wonderful. I like to pop this on after I've cleansed/toned, bathed or just before I put my makeup on like a primer. I have really, really, really dry skin which just refuses to hydrate, however this keeps a nice little bit of moisture in my face which is a godsend. 

Onto the lips....

Popcorn lip scrub from Lush

Just as I have dry skin, I have dry lips too, especially with the colder months upon us! There's nothing worse than your lipstick going funny because of dry, flaky lips. So I like to give them a good scrub with this. I literally dip my finger in to the sugary goodness, give my lips a good exfoliate and lick off what's left. Though as fab as I find this product, I must admit 'popcorn' isn't how I'd describe the taste. It is still  yummy though.

Finally!

Burt's Bees lip balm in Honey

Of course, my well-loved lip balm had to make a return. It's super hydrating and lasts a long time on the lips which is great. It's the perfect finish to my lip scrub as it protects the soft, new surface.


 So, as quick and slapdash as this little post was, I really enjoyed sharing my skincare routine. And if anyone who manages to stumble upon this post would like to leave a comment with their own routine, or even just a skincare staple, that would be awesome!

Leigh xo
                                                                                                                                                 

Twitter: www.twitter.com/leighbop
Instagram: leighgoodall


No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye